From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] comprehensive eclass checking in repoman
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 20:19:28
1 On Thursday 24 May 2012 16:12:35 Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > Were it me, I'd have a tool that scrapes the eclass files's
3 > documentation and emits a .json file which repoman can then optionally
4 > use for consistency checks.
5
6 python provides its own pickling system. no need to add yet another layer.
7
8 > Mostly because I don't like the idea of repoman re-probing all the
9 > eclasses every time you check an ebuild
10
11 caching of data most likely will be done (the decision will be data driven),
12 but that's independent of the underlying behavioral question.
13 -mike