From: Heinrich Wendel <lanius@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New useflags for printing
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 20:02:04
1 Hi,
2
3 I want to introduce two new useflags for printing packages. It would affect
4 all printing-driver packages, this are at the moment: hpijs, gimp-print, omni
5 (not yet in portage), foomatic-db (foomatic v3.0, not yet in portage), but
6 there may follow more.
7
8 The current status is that some drivers only install ppd files (e.g. hpijs),
9 some foomatic-xml files and ppds (gimp-print) and some only foomatic xml
10 files (foomatic-db).
11
12 To clear this situation I want to introduce two new use flags:
13
14 foomatic and ppds
15
16 Foomatic is a database to create ppd files (printer-driver files) out of xml
17 files.
18
19 Foomatic should be in all profiles, as this is the way the gentoo-printing doc
20 describes setting up a printer. Those who want to build ppds for all
21 printers in a driver package should set the ppds flag.
22
23 mfg, heinrich :)
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list