From: Matti Bickel <mabi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Deprecating EAPI0
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 08:42:08
1 Peter Alfredsen <loki_val@g.o> wrote:
2 > I think we should start
3 > deprecating EAPI=0 usage *now* with a repoman warning whenever a new
4 > ebuild is committed that does not use EAPI=1 or EAPI=2. This warning
5 > should encourage use of the newest EAPI, EAPI=2.
6
7 A general question, that just popped into my head when i was reading
8 this: if i touch a ebuild which has EAPI=0, should i bump it to EAPI=2?
9 Since the introduction of EAPI i have been bumping EAPI of my ebuilds
10 based on need. So if i needed slot-deps, i've made the ebuild EAPI=1,
11 not EAPI=2 by choice. If i needed use-deps, then well, i went for
12 EAPI=2.
13
14 How are other ebuild developers doing this? What's the package manager
15 ppls take on this?
16 --
17 Regards, Matti Bickel
18 Signed/Encrypted email preferred (key 4849EC6C)