From: Matthew Kennedy <mkennedy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] how to boot without cdrom
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 23:50:41
1 "Kunal Shah" <s_kunalv@×××××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Hi,
4 > congratulation on greate work by gentoo team. I was searching for this
5 > sort of distribution.
8 > I am facing a little proble. I downloaded gentoo linux iso of around
9 > 130 Mbs Gentoo 1.2 (stage 3) and burned a cd of it.
12 > but my computer does not support booting from cd rom.
13 >
14 > is there any other option ?
15
16 Grab a copy of tom's floppy boot disk[1], then boot, partition your
17 disks, configure your networking, mount your cdrom and proceed from
18 there with the relevant part of the install guide. There may be
19 something regarding floppy-based installs in the forums... (not
20 certain on that though).
21
22 Footnotes:
23 [1] http://www.toms.net/rb/