From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eapi1 bug/pkgcore sucks thread [was EAPI-2 - Let's get it started]
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 00:08:53
1 On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 11:39:21AM +0200, Fernando J. Pereda wrote:
2 >
3 > On 12 Jun 2008, at 04:16, Brian Harring wrote:
4 > >
5 > >Why the exherbo/paludis/PMS folk decided to go this route to report,
6 > >I'm not quite sure aside from assuming they're just griefers.
7 >
8 > s-exherbo/paludis/PMS-pkgcore-g and:
9 >
10 > http://fpereda.wordpress.com/2008/05/03/on-cooperating-and-paludis-vulnerability/
11 >
12 > Except this one wasn't a lie.
13 >
14 > I wish there were more cooperation between all of us. But looks like
15 > it is impossible with some of your people.
16
17 While patrick hosts meatoo for pythonhead, that doesn't mean patrick
18 can speak for meatoo.
19
20 The same applies for pkgcore.
21
22 Basically, I don't hold paludis devs responsible for their users
23 behaviour (probably should considering the behaviour, but regardless).
24 I do however hold paludis devs responsible for their *own* behaviour-
25 and in this particular case, it *was* said devs commiting the
26 offense.
27
28 Deflection aside, dropping the issue- I've made my point that it was
29 serious crap behaviour and hardly in the spirit of cooperation (let
30 alone QA).
31 ~harring