From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bug voting
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 17:07:36
1 On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 12:54:49 -0400 Dylan Carlson <absinthe@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | 1. Without bug voting, there's no way to determine what bugs are most
4 | important to the public (or at least to the people using Bugzilla,
5 | which is really *our* public, in a working sense).
6
7 Well, given that most of our users don't seem to be able to get the
8 priority field straight ("Waah! There's a tiny typo in an einfo
9 statement! BLOCKER!"), I'd be kind of sceptical about an easily rigged
10 popularity contest. I suspect we'd just end up seeing thousands of votes
11 for "add more pictures to bootsplash" and "add this horribly broken
12 kernel patch to g-d-s"...
15 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
16 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
17 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm