From: Ali Polatel <hawking@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: How should I kill a daemon from an ebuild file?
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 14:43:55
1 Jules Colding <colding@×××××.com> yazmış:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have an ebuild (see below) for a small keyring daemon. I would like to
5 > kill the daemon process, if it is running, whenever it is emerged again
6 > to ensure that no running daemon process refers to an old install.
7 >
8 > Is there a clean and recommended way of doing this in an ebuild or
9 > should I just use killall in pkg_postinst()?
10 >
11 > Or is this ultimately a big no-no??
14 Have a look at pkg_setup functions in postfix ebuilds. This can give you
15 an idea about how to do it properly.
18 ali polatel (hawking)