From: Daniel Pielmeier <billie@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Daniel Buschke <magic-gentoo@××××××××××××××.de>, Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] speeding up usage of portage in e-file / portage file list
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 18:02:29
1 Sending from the proper address so this mail also reaches the list!
2
3 Daniel Buschke schrieb am 24.05.20 um 18:40:
4 > Oh dear! I readded the database index for file names. Now the data query
5 > takes ~0.3 seconds *insert self slapping image here*
6
7 Good to hear! Now it's way quicker!
8
9 > Anyway, for some strange reason I cannot reproduce the slothy behaviour
10 > of portage, too. I'm 100% sure the bash version took 1 second while the
11 > python version took 3 seconds. Strange.
12
13 Me too. The bash version queries another URL than the python version.
14 Could this make a difference? However as of today it does not seem so!
15
16 > @Zac: Did you add some performance optimizations in the last 30 days?
17 > Maybe Caching? No? Then you fixed this by pure imagination :)
18
19 Don't think so, as it was the bash version that became slower :-)
22 Best Regards
23 Daniel