From: bbryant@××××××××××.edu
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] bootstrap problems with Gentoo rc6-r11 / rc6-r12
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 12:16:37
1 Hello,
2
3 I'm having trouble with the releases mentioned in the subject line. As
4 soon as I execute "scripts/bootstrap.sh files/bootstrap-1.0_rc6.packages"
5 (i've followed all instructions given in the FAQ for installing from an
6 ISO), I get many lines of errors, some in regards to unknown symbols and
7 statements that aren't given within the programs (sorry I can't be more
8 precise, i'm at work and not on my home machine). No actions are taken,
9 and I am dumped back to the prompt.
10
11 Do you have any clue from the vague information that i've given you that I
12 may be doing wrong? I'm most definatley interested in running Gentoo, and
13 hoope to get it up and running as soon as possible.
14
15 Thank-you for any and all help. :)