From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [Fwd: Re: [gentoo-core] Keywords policy]
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 18:28:35
1 Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 11 March 2008 16:55:11 Ferris McCormick wrote:
3 >
4 >> Now that I've said I'm tired of this thread, let me add to it. I'd like
5 >> to add one more point, namely:
6 >> * Please explain in the ChangeLog what you are doing and why. In
7 >> this case, if I look at kdelibs for example, what I see is "Version bump
8 >> to KDE 4.0.1" which looks pretty harmless. A couple lines explaining
9 >> that it is package.masked because it doesn't actually work might have
10 >> been helpful.
13 > Do you really think that should go into the ChangeLog of all 208 packages?
14 > Personally I would have thought the package.mask message would be
15 > sufficient...
18 considering you can do the following:
19 $ echangelog "Version bump to KDE 4.0.1. This is a major version change,
20 please review package.mask for details."
21
22 and for the other 207 packages you do
23
24 $ !echan
25
26 it sounds more like laziness on the part of the KDE team.
27 --
28 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list