From: Christel Dahlskjaer <christel@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Improving Gentoo User Relations
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 13:30:06
1 On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 11:33 +0200, Grobian wrote:
2 > On 07-04-2006 11:07:28 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 [let's pretend I snipped a bit here, oh wait, I did!]
4
5 > Maybe user-rel should, together with GWN bridge this problem by keeping
6 > the source of news anonymous? Just to use it as teasers of what kind of
7 > things are being done in Gentoo's kitchen?
8 > Of course this only holds for new projects like in your hypothetical
9 > example.
10
11 Yes, that is quite similar to the idea that went through my head after
12 reading Christophers response. And I quite like it.
13
14 > Existing projects, like KDE and GCC probably already deal with questions
15 > from users, and giving a status update once a month would in my opinion
16 > help them to keep users both informed and interested, which is what the
17 > original poster meant I think. From a user-rel perspective the
18 > information is used to inform the users that they're not waiting in vain
19 > for something not to happen, as well as why they are waiting, for
20 > example.
21
22 I'll bring this up at our upcoming userrel meeting and I'll also tease
23 our GWN liaison with the idea. And of course, I will be welcoming
24 feedback from developers and users. Ideas are welcome, and if someone
25 has any thoughts on how they think this could be done without eating
26 valuable developer time then I'd be more than happy to hear them!
27
28 Thank you Grobian!
29
30 Christel