From: Evan Powers <powers.161@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] XFree-4.2.x and ~x86 bison 1.75
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 11:41:10
1 I've been watching bison 1.75 off and on recently because I'm interested in
2 the new GLR parsers....
3
4 Anyway, Bison 1.75 currently has the ~x86 keyword since it breaks xfree.
5
6 I was searching the net and discovered that the problem is with xfree rather
7 than bison, and that a patch was on the mailinglists at one point.
8
9 The author hosts his patch here via cvsweb:
10
11 http://www.jg555.com/cvs/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/patches/xfree/xfree-4.2.x.-bison.fixes.patch
12
13 It doesn't look like portage applies this patch yet. If you read the patch,
14 all it does is fix a handful of rather obvious syntax errors, so I don't
15 think we'll have to worry about it breaking anything.
16
17 Was xfree the only thing holding up Bison 1.75?
18
19 Evan Powers
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list