From: Dan Meltzer <parallelgrapefruit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Possible solution: email subdomain
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 19:09:49
1 On 11/23/05, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
2 > Marius Mauch posted <20051123154049.6b5af84c@××××××××××××××××××.net>,
3 > excerpted below, on Wed, 23 Nov 2005 15:40:49 +0100:
4 >
5 > > On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 03:39:08 -0700
6 > > Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
7 > >
8 > >> Here's the proposal again. If there's an issue with it, shoot it down,
9 > >> but from here, it certainly seems to fit the bill. Again, I'd /love/ to
10 > >> say I was the one that came up with it, but I wasn't.
11 > >> =8^)
12 > >>
13 > >> * give [AH]Ts a <name>.tester@g.o address.
14 > >>
15 > >> - It's not a subdomain, so the existing infrastructure should have no
16 > >> problems with it.
17 > >>
18 > >> - testername.tester@g.o remains distinctive enough it should
19 > >> alleviate any doubts or confusion over status.
20 > >>
21 > > Has the same problem as a subdomain as it creates two "classes" of devs.
22 > > So it would solve the potential technical problems, but we still have the
23 > > semantic issues.
24 >
25 > Viewpoint seen, and thanks for posting it. However, the proposed solution
26 > still appears from here to fit the bill, because...
27 >
28 > - The folks to whom it will apply are /not/ full devs, as they haven't
29 > gone thru the dev process, so it's not creating two classes of devs, but
30 > rather creating a distinction between devs and this not-dev class.
31
32 Can we get all current developers renamed to nick.developer then? just
33 to alleiviate any confusion someone may have...
34
35 [snip a buttload or two]
38 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list