From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Making some of udev's kernel check checks fatal as requested in bug #335765
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 18:28:40
1 On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 08:10:53PM +0200, Matthias Schwarzott wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > On Bug #335765 Roland requests to make the kernel checking of udev-ebuild for
5 > CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED fatal, so the ebuild aborts when it is set, to not
6 > overlook it and get an unbootable system.
7 >
8 > I support that this should be improved, but is there a better way than making
9 > the ebuild abort at pkg_setup via linux-info_pkg_setup with this config:
10 > CONFIG_CHECK="~INOTIFY_USER ~SIGNALFD !SYSFS_DEPRECATED !SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2
11 > ~!IDE"
12 And in doing this you now require that configured kernel sources or
13 /proc/config.gz are present on the system unless you explicitly use the
14 structure to handle that condition.
15
16 I don't mind the idea of making them fatal, but please don't break
17 systems where there is neither kernel sources nor any .config available
18 for Portage to read.
21 Robin Hugh Johnson
22 Gentoo Linux: Developer, Trustee & Infrastructure Lead
23 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
24 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85