From: Steven Elling <ellings@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] development-sources-2.6.0 => vanilla-sources
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2004 02:03:24
1 On Sat, 2003-12-27 at 11:22, Horror Vacui wrote:
2 > On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 10:59:35 -0600
3 > Steven wrote:
4 >
5 > > My 2.6.0 problems so far are:
6 > >
7 > > * I have a KVM that doesn't support mouse and keyboard emulation. When
8 > > I switch away from Linux and then come back the mouse cursor goes
9 > > crazy. Fine enough because I use gpm in repeater mode, have X reading
10 > > /dev/gpmdata and use a keyboard sequence to restart gpm for me;
11 > > however; under 2.6.0 restarting gpm doesn't help. The mouse cursor
12 > > still goes crazy and the kernel reports "psmouse.c: Wheel Mouse at
13 > > isa0060/serio1/input0 lost synchronization, throwing 2 bytes away."
14 >
15 > Hm, I think I read something about this kind of thing in a description
16 > on www.kernelnewbies.org (IIRC it's called "what to expect from 2.6). It
17 > might be a clue.
18
19 From
20 http://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/davej/misc/post-halloween-2.6.txt:
21
22 Input layer.
24 <snip>
25 - If you use a KVM switcher, and experience problems, booting with the boot
26 time argument 'psmouse_noext' should fix your problems.
27
28 -----
29
30 I will try this out and see if it works. Thanks for the pointer to Kernel Newbies.
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list