From: Peter Fein <pfein@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Several portage trees
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 19:45:32
On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:02:03 -0700
George Shapovalov <george@g.o> wrote:

> On Friday 25 April 2003 08:10, Peter Fein wrote:
<much liberal snipping>
> Lets see: Joe User wants to see what's available in this "freaky" stuff he > heard so much about on some topic. I can imagine him going like that: > "Oh, there was some noise recently on creating that freaky-branch, should be
This made me smile ^^^^^^^^^^^^^.
> cool to see what's in there. What? Its like 1000+ ebuilds there, how am I > going to make sence of it ever. Did these guys set-up a search engine yet?
I feel this way about the regular tree sometimes, let alone with a possible forest.
> As you can see I have strong feelings about this type of branching, I hope > this serves as an explanation. I apologise to anybody who thinks I was too > harsh in this comment. > > So, what instead? Can I point you and everybody interested in the direction of > #1523 again ;)?
I just reread it and it made sense this time. ;) It's a much better solution.
> On a final note I just want to solicit some patience and faith in developers. > We do acknowledge the problem and we are trying to address it. Don't forget > that we are talking about core infrastructure changes here and it always > takes time, especially if we want to stay alive during them :).
Sorry if I was overeager - I'm quite appreciative of the work y'all do. Please stay alive. ;)