From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Why is IUSE=hpn mandatory in openssh ?
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 07:37:23
1 On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 11:31 PM, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
2 > We have had those debates whether the "+" should follow upstream
3 > decisions and such. Short answer: the maintainer decides. There is no
4 > consistency for this and there will never be.
5
6 That may be true, I still think it behooves us to be particularly
7 careful about including non-upstream patches on extremely sensitive
8 software such as openssh, so I don't think saying "maintainer decides"
9 is a good enough response to Toralf's questions.
10