From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Who is willing to be lead?
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 20:57:01
1 On 04/10/2010 11:17 PM, Ben de Groot wrote:
2 > On 10 April 2010 21:27, Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o> wrote:
3 >> Ben,
4 >>
5 >> Petteri was proposing an idea. He is being creative
6 >
7 > You call that creative? It seems you don't know what the word means.
10 You don't have to take any part in the experiment but will you benefit
11 anything by posting a negatively toned comment to this thread?
14 > I guess I was hallucinating that I started the wiki project, which has
15 > been a popular request for as long as I can remember. I guess I
16 > imagined I worked together with Markos to start the proxy-maintainer
17 > project to improve visibility of that option to contribute. And I must
18 > have been dreaming that I sent a mail about forming a team to review
19 > and renew the recruitment process and curriculum. I must be mistaken
20 > in thinking I have proposed to centralize all developer documentation
21 > into one place. Oh, and forgive me for not publicly announcing that I
22 > sent a mail to the dormant webteam about joining and offering my help.
23 > And asking for leadership on issues that affect Gentoo on a wider
24 > scale is not constructive?
27 Yes all valuable contributions and hopefully you keep on that road.
30 > To my knowledge there was no public announcement about that, other
31 > than that we have another lead now.
34 Because there's not much to announce. You expect us to announce that are
35 trying to be effective now? I don't think we tried to be inefficient
36 earlier. The only thing changed visible to outside is lining our policy
37 to agree with GLEP 48. It's the job of the lead to make sure the project
38 does it's work as it's supposed to.
39
40 Regards,
41 Petteri