From: Zach Forrest <zach@××××××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] portage revisited
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:20:20
1 The attached files should make this a little safer. I changed the grep
2 commands a little, so as only to filter the exact packages that can have
3 more than one version installed (e.g. "grep -v db" filters out more than
4 just sys-libs/db). The script first runs the command with the
5 "--pretend" flag, then asks for confirmation (after displaying the
6 output of the emerge command), and finally proceeds (if that is your
7 wish). Hope it helps.
8
9 Zach
10
11 P.S. If you don't like the progress indicator (busy.sh), just comment
12 out the appropriate lines.
13
14 Bob Phan wrote:
15 >
16 > I ran this yesterday. Cludgy, but works. :)
17 >
18 > emerge --unmerge --safe `qpkg --dups | grep -v linux | grep -v db | grep
19 > -v freetype | grep -v bison`
20 >
21 > Disclaimer:
22 > This may not work for you, probably won't, and could potentially screw
23 > something up. etc. etc.

epurge-old application/x-java-vm
busy.sh text/plain