From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Sandbox
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 08:18:22
1 On Thursday 12 June 2003 00:38, Kumba wrote:
2 > MooktaKiNG wrote:
3 > > OK i feel a bit dumb here. But could someone please explain to me
4 > > what sandbox is used for?
5 > >
6 > > Sorry, this is a bit out of topic, but i can't help my curiosity :-)
7 >
8 > I believe it's basically a glibc wrapper, intercepting system calls and
9 > dropping calls that'd be too dangerous to execute. Hence its name,
10 > "Sandbox".
13 It is, it is basically a library that intercepts calls and that is preloaded
14 using LD_PRELOAD. It's behaviour is determined by a number of environment
15 variables, that might be better documented than they are right now.
16
17 Paul
20 Paul de Vrieze
21 Researcher