From: "Santiago M. Mola" <coldwind@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: escaping variables in sed expressions
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 09:51:35
1 On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 6:31 AM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
2 >
3 > While you are almost certainly correct on POSIX/Unix filenames and the
4 > shell won't accept / in a filename, IIRC (from reading) it's often
5 > possible for C programs to code a literal / in a filename, and possible
6 > for some filesystems (also written in C, generally) to accept it. Thus,
7 > while POSIX/Unix standards don't allow it, in practice, it's sometimes
8 > possible, if rare.
9
10 If that's possible, we shouldn't support it anyway. If someone wants
11 to use /var/tmp/port\/age we'll just stab him, if someone releases a
12 tarball with such filenames we'll stab him, too.
15 Santiago M. Mola
16 Jabber ID: cooldwind@×××××.com
17 --
18 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list