From: Maciej Mrozowski <reavertm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] enable verbose build whenever it's possible
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2011 20:01:50
On Saturday 05 of November 2011 09:58:00 Kacper Kowalik wrote:
> Hi, > I'd like to ask that we enable verbose building by default. I have > cmake-utils.eclass in mind, because it's dead easy there, but there's a > lot of packages that support things like "make V=1" or "make VERBOSE=1" > too. > > I've seen too many bugs reports today that gave me cute, colorful > build.logs and almost no information about underlaying bug...
That's usually because users sometimes attach only "relevant" parts of build log (well, relevant according to their taste = last lines, even when they use parallel compilation). Any particular example of bug report with entire build log from cmake-utils in fancy mode, and still being unable to locate the problem? I ask, because we're appending summary just after configure phase to make vorbose logging of whole build process unecessary. -- regards MM