From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] on closing bugs.
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 21:43:18
1 Hi gang
2
3 Looks like recent Daniel's announcement prompted flurry of bug-closing
4 activity, which is good of itself, however there are some particulars :).
5
6 For example recent bugzilla changes left me with a long list of reopened bugs,
7 which should basically all be closed. However this is an excellent
8 opportunity to go over these packages (and it appears that over time I
9 processed quite a bunch of stuff, not always directly related to the herds I
10 am officially in now, and which doesn't seem to have been picked up in late
11 reorganization so far) and check them for updates and the like, on which I
12 would rather not pass up. Thus here goes my plea:
13
14 If you see the bug that looks like it should have been closed long since, you
15 may close it if you so wish, but *please do the update checks* first, or
16 leave them to me ;) (but I am certainly not against help, that is if it is
17 done properly ;)). Pretty much all these packages are low maintaince and
18 belong to "weird" areas (thus users are slow on pointing out an
19 outdatedness), so there should not be much work involved ;).
20
21 Just to be completely clear: it is perfectly fine to [re-]close the dups and
22 bugs for which there is one (a bug, not a package in tree, since there might
23 be even more recent one on the developer's site) for a newer version. I would
24 just like to ask for a bit more attention on the non-duplicated bugs..
25
26 Thanks!
27
28 George