From: Marc Soda <marc@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Dependency/conflict resolution with emerge
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 09:08:12
1 Gentoo dev team,
2
3 First let me say that Gentoo rules. It has become my new distro of
4 choice. Thank you.
5
6 Ok, my issue is with dependency/conflict resolution with emerge. This
7 morning I updated my Gentoo box, with the new stuff in portage. One
8 of those packages was Mozilla 0.9.8. I use Galeon as my web browser
9 which, as you know, depends on Mozilla. The Galeon in Portage is
10 version 1.0.2, which depends on Mozilla 0.9.7. After this update
11 Galeon will not run. Not a big deal for me and I am not asking for a
12 solution, but it seems to me that emerge should have detected that
13 dependency and given a warning, similar to the way rpm does. Is this
14 functionality plan for Gentoo 1.0?
15
16 Also, I would like to contribute to Gentoo's development. I have many
17 skills which I believe would be beneficial to the project. Please let
18 me know if your interested in more developers/maintainers, and if so,
19 how I can help.
20
21 Thanks again,
25 Marc Soda