From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] sys-boot/grub:0 (GRUB legacy) sunset planning
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2017 14:30:03
1 On Sat, 2 Sep 2017 15:56:04 +0000
2 "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Open questions:
5 > --------------
6 > - Are there existing use cases that I've missed, where migration to
7 > grub-2 CANNOT be done?
8
9 I left grub sometime ago for syslinux/pxelinux/extlinux. I run that on
10 everything now even UEFI. I much prefer it to grub. That maybe an
11 option for grub:0 users, who cannot or do not want to use grub:2.
12
13 I had issues with grub pxe hardware support. Given that you tend to
14 use syslinux on like usb and iso's. I just stick to one for all.
17 William L. Thomson Jr.