From: Warwick Bruce Chapman <warwick@××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Distrowatch
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 07:40:53
1 > Who cares about views? It is our distro and we just like to make it
2 > better. Right?
5 There is a plethora of potential Gentoo developers out there and this
6 sort of press does nothing for getting them any closer to joining the
7 effort.
8
9 Secondly, regarding the DW article, surely if it was as baseless as many
10 members of this list suggest, and I am not referring to the specific
11 references in the article, but to the underlying reasons the author may
12 have decided to write it, then DW should have immediately been corrected
13 on the issue and made to publish a retraction. I am not sure this is
14 the case and, while I am only a user and casual contributor, I have
15 become more and more aware of the grumblings and (perceived?) increase
16 in turnover of developers.
17
18 Thus, with all respect due to current and past developers, could I
19 suggest that regardless of whether or not the DW article is worth
20 consideration, the process of adopting the Communication CoC and the
21 structures required to implement it be followed through in the best
22 interests of all developers and users of the Gentoo project.
25 Warwick Chapman