From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: Sebastian Pipping <webmaster@××××××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, PackageKit users and developers list <packagekit@×××××××××××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [packagekit] [gentoo-dev] Inviting you to project "PackageMap"
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 13:16:49
1 Sebastian Pipping wrote:
2 > I start to understand the real benefits of moving a larger
3 > part of the maintenance down to the distro level as you proposed.
4 >
5 > Okay, let's add support for CPEs at distro package level
6 > and sync up and down with the central packagemap database.
7 > Please contact me for collaboration on sync scripts
8 > and "modeling" of details.
12 > Sebastian
13
14 You need to come up with the needed DTD changes for metadata.xml. Last
15 time the schema was changed it was done with a GLEP so writing one seems
16 prudent here too especially if we are going to make the value mandatory
17 after it was been added to all existing packages. Also documentation
18 (devmanual, developer handbook come to mind at least) concerning
19 metadata.xml needs to be updated to document the new stuff.
20
21 Regards,
22 Petteri