From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] voodoo 3 300 && DRI?
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 05:52:41
1 On Sat, 2001-09-22 at 06:33, Tom von Schwerdtner wrote:
2 > I havent the foggiest clue why, but I dont seem to have hardware accel with
3 > my Voodoo 3 3000.
4 >
5 > I have agpart and 3dfx items compiled into the kernel, and the X.log looks
6 > good....I built media-libs/glide-v3 (it looked right) and the latest
7 > X....but no accel.
8 >
9 > Anyone else running Voodoo 3 or 5?
12 dont have one, dont use dri, but hope this can be usefull.
13
14 to enable dri, it should be compiled into the kernel
15
16 Character devices:
17 [*] Direct Rendering Manager (XFree86 DRI support)
18 [*] Build drivers for new (XFree 4.1) DRM
19 <*> 3dfx Banshee/Voodoo3+
20
21 that is just to have the kernel DRI module ...
22
23 Now, to het accel support in X, in theory you should just
24 to you XF86Config file, add:
25
26 Section "Module"
27 ......
28 Load "extmod"
29 Load "dri"
30 Load "glx" #not sure about this one
31 Load "GLcore"
33 EndSection
34
35 X should have its own mesa libs, so not needed to compile glide-v3, but
36 dont quote me on this.
37
38 greetings
39 MS