From: Joachim Blaabjerg <styx@g.o>
To: David Spreen <netzwurm@××××××.org>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] participating in gentoo
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 14:58:54
1 Hi David!
2
3 How is LIDS going? Still in Debian? =)
4
5 On Tuesday 22 October 2002 18:54, David Spreen wrote:
6 > Hey there,
7 > is it possible to become a part of the project to fix bugs in
8 > packages, process .ebuilds from the bts (and upload own ones)?
9
10 BTS = Bug Tracking System? Anyone can submit/fix/comment on (etc.) bugs in
11 http://bugs.gentoo.org. The easiest way to get started, is just signing up
12 (if you haven't do so already) and start checking out bugs.
13
14 > I read about cvs access for that purpose in the portage users
15 > manual. How does it work? What do I have to proceed?
16
17 I believe anonymous CVS access has been unavailable for a while, and I have no
18 idea when (or if) it's coming back up. Mind you, this is not an official
19 statement.
20
21 > I'd like to contribute to the project, cause I think about
22 > the long time an ebuild takes to get into the repo to be
23 > one of the most important disadvantages of gentoo linux.
24
25 Contributions are always welcome! CVS write access is at this time restricted
26 to developers, though (AFAIK). The main reason for the long waiting time of
27 new ebuilds at the moment, is the current freeze prior to the 1.4 release.
28
29 > thanks for your help,
30
31 Best Regards,