From: Joseph Pingenot <trelane@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] NPTL ready yet?
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 02:36:45
1 >From Joseph Pingenot on Sunday, 26 October, 2003:
2 >Hello.
3 >Is NPTL considered ready to use yet? I've finally gotten 2.6 to work, and
4 > I can't wait to get full use o the threading improvements. :)
5
6 Whelp, it looks like, as of last night, it's not. Enabling nptl hosed
7 devfs, at least. Which makes me rather unhappy, since I then can't boot.
8 ;)
9 It looked like the build didn't go so hot anyway, for whatever that's worth.
10 -Joseph
14 "Asked by CollabNet CTO Brian Behlendorf whether Microsoft will enforce its
15 patents against open source projects, Mundie replied, 'Yes, absolutely.'
16 An audience member pointed out that many open source projects aren't
17 funded and so can't afford legal representation to rival Microsoft's. 'Oh
18 well,' said Mundie. 'Get your money, and let's go to court.'
19 Microsoft's patents only defensive? http://swpat.ffii.org/players/microsoft
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list