From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] things becoming better and better
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 22:49:53
1 Hi Toralf,
2
3 Toralf Förster <toralf@g.o> writes:
4
5 > When I started with my tinderbox 2 or 3 years ago I had often a fair
6 > amount of manual work to made to get an image up and running - moslty
7 > tweaking USE flags to get blockers being solved. This yielded into a
8 > growing list of fixed USE flags settings for certain packages.
9 >
10 > But over the time this list became small and smaller and eventually
11 > this month I kicked off the last few lines (famous last words?).
12 >
13 > Said that Gentoo has IMO a lot of success stories to tell too (beside
14 > the usual grumblings and annoyances) - and the quality of the Gentoo
15 > tree is IMO an example of that.
16
17 Thanks a ton for the tinkerbox and for the early bug reports!
18
19 This is the crucial way to keep our tree healthy.
20
21 Cheers,
22 Benda