From: Kevyn Shortell <trance@g.o>
To: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Introducing /srv into Gentoo Linux
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 16:14:40
1 On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 01:43, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2
3 Before we go start changing things to /srv, shouldn't we atleast vote or
4 do whatever we need to do to actually decide if that is something gentoo
5 is going to be using?
6
7 /sys I can understand, that was required by the kernel.
8
9 /srv, seems to be one of those frills that doesn't really have enough
10 positive reasons to just shove down every users throats without some
11 discussion first.
12
13 Changing ebuilds to suddenly start using it, is setting a policy. What
14 ever happened to the discussion part? =)
15
16 kevyn
45 >
46 > --
47 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
48 --
49 trance @ irc.freenode.net #gentoo-ppc
50 Kevyn Shortell <trance@g.o>
51 Gentoo PPC Operational Manager / PPC dev