From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Automatic Bug Assignment
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2016 21:34:30
1 On 6 February 2016 at 10:10, Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o> wrote:
2 > How about, if there's (exactly) one portage-compatible atom
3 > in the summary and that package has (exactly) one maintainer, we
4 > auto-assign it? Otherwise, leave it to the bug wranglers.
7 One of my conceptual misgivings is in practice, there's a lot more to
8 bug wrangling than that.
9
10 In the last 6 months, here are a list of bugs that were never
11 reassigned from bugwranglers, and were closed due to being invalid,
12 incomplete, or duplicate.
13
14 All of these bugs would be now assigned to the individual bug maintainers.
15
16 And I see that as a sizeable quality regression.
17
18 https://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=IN_PROGRESS&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&chfieldfrom=6m&chfieldto=Now&email1=bug-wranglers%40gentoo.org&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=substring&f0=OP&f1=OP&f3=CP&f4=CP&list_id=3059742&query_format=advanced&resolution=INVALID&resolution=WONTFIX&resolution=DUPLICATE&resolution=WORKSFORME&resolution=CANTFIX&resolution=NEEDINFO
23 Kent
24
25 KENTNL - https://metacpan.org/author/KENTNL