From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Help
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 10:21:19
1 On Sat, Apr 07, 2001 at 08:41:50AM -0400, Bruce A. Locke wrote:
2 > Hello everyone...
3 >
4 > Due to classwork and a recent harddrive failure I've been out of the Gentoo
5 > loop for quite sometime. My new harddrive arrives via fedex on monday so
6 > I'm wondering if there a quick and dirty guide to upgrading from
7 > 1.0_rc4_pre2 to the current version of portage, etc? Does the latest
8 > version of portage support recursive depedency installation? (Sorry if this
9 > has been answered before. If so can someone tell me the thread name so I
10 > can find it in the archives? I havn't had much luck.)
11
12 Achim is currently helping Jerry get something installed, so I would catch
13 up with both of them and see if you can be part of the "test team". We're
14 a week or two away from the official 1.0_rc4 release.
15
16 Best Regards,
19 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
20 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org