From: Stelian Ionescu <stelian.ionescu-zeus@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Replace 'sash' with 'busybox' as our static rescue shell
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 19:18:28
1 On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 09:38:47AM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 >i dont want to discuss the logistics of how this will be done just yet ...
3 >
4 >the idea is to remove 'sash' from our system target and replace it with
5 >busybox ... there are a few applets that sash implements and busybox does not
6 >(chattr ed file lsattr printenv sum where), but i added chattr, lsattr,
7 >printenv, and sum to busybox yesterday :) ... i've never heard of 'where' and
8 >going by its behavior in sash, it's basically 'which' ... that leaves us with
9 >'ed' and 'file' which i think we can ignore and be OK ...
10 file can sometimes be very useful, for instance if I want to know the
11 major/minor numbers of a device. the same about stat
14 Stelian Ionescu aka fe[nl]ix
15 Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.