From: Gareth Jones <gareth@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Becoming a package maintainer
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 15:18:39
1 > I would like to become a package maintainer (provided that it suits of
2 > course) : I need a library for developping audio tools which is
3 > available from http://osalp.sf.net . As it is not available, I am
4 > ready to dive into the ebuild system to make a working one and share
5 > it with other Gentoo users. I am also ready to maintain it to keep up
6 > with new versions.
7
8 I think the idea is that you just do the ebuild and post a bug about it on
9 bugzilla. I've just done my first one and I'm waiting for feedback on it.
10 I don't think there is any place where one can declare an "intent to
11 package" as with Debian.
12
13 Gareth