From: Robert Bridge <robert@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] License Interpretation
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 19:32:10
1 On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 15:10:18 -0400
2 Jim Ramsay <lack@g.o> wrote:
3
4 IANAL, but the following line is critical:
5
6 > it is essential to do so in order to
7 > achieve operability of the Software with another software program, and
8 > you have first requested Adobe to provide the information necessary to
9 > achieve such operability and Adobe has not made such information
10 > available.
11
12 Given the situation as you outline it, I think the sub-section above
13 expressly permits the binary patch.
14
15 The request has been made, Adobe have not co-operated, that clause has
16 been invoked...
17
18 At least, that's how I would read it.
19
20 Rob.