From: Bret Towe <magnade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] glibc & binutils -aware hackers wanted for questions ;)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 02:26:41
1 On 11/28/05, Spider (D.m.D. Lj.) <spider@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 17:56 -0800, Bret Towe wrote:
3 >
4 > > >
5 > > > So, now I'm just asking for comments and/or discussion here.. would it
6 > > > be worth the time spent on this?
7 > > > http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2005-10/msg00436.html
8 > >
9 > > looks interesting personally id like to see how it acts on kde also
10 > > and some small c++ apps to see if it hurts them any
11 > > a single benchmark for a change that would affect so much seems
12 > > a bit silly to me
13 >
14 > Yeah, but before I start to spend too much time hacking on this, I'd
15 > want to have a suggested metric and performance test setup here. If
16 > anyone has ideas for a decent test, I'd be happy.
17 >
18 > As for KDE, I think modern Gnome would benefit as well, since it has
19 > been heavily refactioned into libraries these days.
20
21 http://www.gnome.org/~lcolitti/gnome-startup/analysis/
22 you might find this interesting then was posted to lkml a day or 2 ago
23
24 one think i forgot to comment on is id like to see what kind of speed
25 prelink provides also maybe with and without this patch
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list