From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] CPU_FLAGS_X86 gentoo repository migration complete
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 22:45:42
1 Dnia 2015-02-01, o godz. 14:39:30
2 Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 2:17 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
5 > > 2. app-emulation/bochs got local USE=3dnow and USE=avx since the flag
6 > > control support of emulating the two instruction sets rather than using
7 > > host CPU instruction sets.
8 >
9 > Wouldn't it be simpler to use CPU_FLAGS_X86 for these and simply
10 > disable the emulation code if they're set? That seems better to me.
11
12 To be honest, I don't know how this works exactly, but I'd suspect that
13 disabling the options will cause the emulated CPU not to have those
14 instructions at all.
17 Best regards,
18 Michał Górny