From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Should "server" be a global use flag?
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 14:27:42
1 Hi all,
2
3 I was looking at use.desc/use.local.desc to see if the "server" flag is
4 global or not. I was surprised to see that it is not. There are 26
5 packages that use a local "server" flag and they all say something to
6 the effect "Enable ${PN} server support".
7
8 Should we not promote this to global with a description
9
10 server - Enable the packages server component
11
12 If yes, what's the procedure? We'd have to have a lot of metadata.xml's
13 change. I'm not sure what happens if you simultaneously have a local
14 and global USE flag by the same name (although I'm going to test in a
15 minute on an overlay :)
18 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
19 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
20 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
21 GnuPG FP : 8040 5A4D 8709 21B1 1A88 33CE 979C AF40 D045 5535
22 GnuPG ID : D0455535