From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] bugzilla unscheduled downtime
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 08:08:16
1 On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 12:09:41AM -0700, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > One of the DB cluster boxes seems to have spontaneously rebooted around
3 > 03:13:53 UTC.
4 Sorry, that's the time the kernel started up again. So it went down 2-3
5 minutes before that, right around the start of the daily database backup
6 (03h10).
7
8 > I'm working on tracing why now (and why Nagios didn't yell at us).
9 >
10 > Bugzie down until I've fixed it.
11 I fixed the symptoms on the box, but no luck on the cause yet. I'll fix
12 the Nagios tommorow. If it breaks again tonight, find somebody in -infra
13 to turn off the apache on the web node, or have them phone me.
14
15 If you deleted any CC entries between 03h10 and 08h00 UTC, they might
16 have come back, but everything else merged perfectly (file a bug if you
17 spot any other corruption).
20 Robin Hugh Johnson
21 Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy
22 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
23 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85