From: Eray Aslan <eray.aslan@×××××××.tr>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] keepdir /var/run/package/?
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 18:42:33
1 On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 02:36:40PM -0400, Michael Sterrett wrote:
2 > What you're saying doesn't agree with
3 > http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#VARRUNRUNTIMEVARIABLEDATA
4
5 I do not understand. In the above link, it says:
6
7 "/var/run:
8 [...]Files under this directory must be cleared (removed or truncated as
9 appropriate) at the beginning of the boot process."
10
11 So we cannot assume that a directory exists under /var/run during boot.
12 Hence, keepdiring a dir that will most probably be cleared during boot
13 is pointless.
14
15 Am I missing something?
18 Eray