From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: GCC 4.6 unmasking
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 02:10:38
1 On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 15:10:13 +0200
2 Diego Elio Pettenò <flameeyes@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Il giorno ven, 23/09/2011 alle 20.38 -0600, Ryan Hill ha scritto:
5 > > If you have any issues with 4.6 itself or patches you need applied,
6 > > now is
7 > > the time to speak up.
8 >
9 > There should be already a bug open about valgrind: even when _not_ using
10 > DWARF-4 (which breaks binutils, btw) the new gcc uses new DWARF
11 > instructions that are not supported even by the ~arch version. We need
12 > either to get upstream to release a new version or we should patch
13 > it/snapshot it.
14
15 Hmm, I don't see any bugs open that cover that. The support is upstream
16 already?
17
18 I think we should also consider bumping the minimum glibc version to 2.12
19 now that it's stable. I know it's a pain in the ass but anything older than
20 that just plain doesn't work anymore.
23 fonts, gcc-porting, it makes no sense how it makes no sense
24 toolchain, wxwidgets but i'll take it free anytime
25 @ gentoo.org EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662