From: Jauhien Piatlicki <jpiatlicki@×××××.com>
To: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Add support for rsync patches
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 21:24:39
1 04.02.14 20:53, Donnie Berkholz написав(ла):
2 > On 12:48 Tue 28 Jan , Michał Górny wrote:
3 >> Dnia 2014-01-28, o godz. 11:59:33
4 >> Jauhien Piatlicki <jpiatlicki@×××××.com> napisał(a):
5 >>
6 >>> net-misc/rsync upstream provides a tarball with additional patches that
7 >>> can be useful for some users. I think it would be nice to have them
8 >>> handled automatically by portage using e.g. USE_EXPAND.
9 >>>
10 >>> Of course these patches can be just picked by user an applied using
11 >>> epatch_user, but I think it would be much easier and convenient to do
12 >>> this with just setting a use flag.
13 >>
14 >> ...and what do you want from gentoo-dev@? You need someone to file
15 >> the bug for ya?
16 >
17 > This is not the level of friendliness that is going to welcome potential
18 > new contributors into our community.
21 I'm reading this list for a long rime, so I'm quiet acquainted with this
22 level of friendliness. So do not mind.
23
24 I've wrote this list because potential changes I want to do include
25 adding of new USE_EXPAND that should be discussed here anyway. And there
26 can be reasons why this have not done, that I'm not aware of, and
27 maintainer of rsync or somebody else could comment here.
28
29 Anyway I still have not ended with those changes and hence still have
30 not posted a bug. So do not mind once again. ;-)
31
32 Jauhien