From: Luis Medinas <metalgod@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites for media-plugins/rmxmms
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 18:28:46
1 On Sun, 2005-10-16 at 18:59 +0200, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2 > Another last rites mail for media apps... this is also the start of the end.
3 >
4 > media-plugins/rmxxms is currently -* and p.masked, requires using realsdk and
5 > is probably obsolete/outdated. Noone is working on this afaik, XMMS has
6 > currently no upstream and there's no maintainer.
7 >
8 > One week from now, rmxmms will be out of portage.
9 >
10 > Please note: if in one week or a bit more nobody steps up for maintaining XMMS
11 > in portage, I'll start a phase out of XMMS itself, this means closing all its
12 > new plugins' ebuilds as WONTFIX, and then starting masking plugins with bugs
13 > open to remove them.
14 >
15 > We're plenty of alternatives :)
16 >
17 After talking with Diego i will maintain xmms packages (including
18 plugins and skins). I will remove a few obsolete packages and closing a
19 few bugs asap.
20 --
21 Luis Medinas <metalgod@g.o>
22 http://dev.gentoo.org/~metalgod
23 Gentoo Linux Developer: AMD64,Printing,Media-Optical
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list