From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: location of portage tree
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 19:47:14
1 On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 08:29:50AM +1300, Kent Fredric wrote:
2 > >
3 > > /var/cache/repositories/gentoo/*
4 > > /var/cache/repositories/perl-experimental/*
5 > > /var/cache/distfiles/*
6 > > /var/cache/packages/*
10 > Actually, now I think of it, repositories /might/ be suitable for
11 > being under /db/
12 > the repository does sort of function like a database, the tools we use
13 > to access it treats it like one. .
14 >
15 > And we already have /var/db/pkg , why not /var/db/repositories beside it?
16
17 I disagree with this, because the repositories can be recovered by doing
18 an emerge --sync, but if you rm -rf /var/db/pkg you hose your system.
19
20 William