From: Maciek Borowka <mborowka@××××××××××××××××.fr>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] not stripped gentoo
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 17:20:25
1 Thanks :+)
2
3 Actually, I am using "kde3 by danarmak" ebuilds, so it doesn't matter
4 if it is masked...
5
6 Thanks again
7 /Maciek
8
9 On Friday 22 March 2002 22:07, Karl Trygve Kalleberg wrote:
10 > On Fri, 22 Mar 2002 00:15:00 +0000
11 >
12 > Maciek Borowka <mborowka@××××××××××××××××.fr> wrote:
13 > > I was just wondering: how much place does "not stripped" gentoo take?
14 >
15 > A neglible increase in size.
16 >
17 > > How does it affect the memory consumption?
18 >
19 > In practice not at all.
20 >
21 > > Does it affect the performance?
22 >
23 > No.
24 >
25 > > I am using kde-3.0pre and I want to have it not stripped to be able to
26 > > eventually help with bugs fixes...
27 >
28 > This is a fair desire. Submit a bug about it; I am not certain it has been
29 > added to the latest versions of Portage (masked) yet.
31 > gentoo-dev mailing list
32 > gentoo-dev@g.o