From: Collins <erichey2@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] Help please...
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 19:44:28
1 On Wed, 09 Oct 2002 22:45:25 +0200 "3nric ." <m_urri@×××××××.com>
2 wrote:
5 > Hello.
6 >
7 > I'm very sorry because surely it isn't the correct adress to send
8 > this question, but i haven't found any other.
9 >
10 > But I've a problem with my recently installed gentoo linux. I'm a
11 > newbie in this world.
12 >
13 > After finished a (I think) perfect installation, I did login in my
14 > system (after booting with grub) and, when I tried to enter in
15 > Internet, the network was disabled. The system can't find the eth0
16 > dispositive, so I can't do any "emerge" operation.
19 When you built your kernel, did you include the correct entry for your
20 nic, and if you built it as a module, is it loaded? As root, 'dmesg |
21 less' and look for messages for eth0. If you built a module, try
22 'lsmod' and look for the module for your nic.
23
24 Let us know what you find.
27 Collins Richey - Denver Area - WWTLRD? - Code Python
28 gentoo(since 01/01/01) now 1.4beta kernel 2.4.18+ ext3 GCC3.2
29 xfce-sylpheed-skipstone