From: Stuart Herbert <stuart.herbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] www-apps/wordpress
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 12:40:02
1 Hi,
2
3 On 8/4/06, Aaron Kulbe <superlag@g.o> wrote:
4 > I am the current maintainer of WordPress. Let's just say I've lost
5 > interest in maintaining it. At this point, I don't even use it any
6 > more, other than to test out new builds on my system, when a bump is
7 > required. I have switched over to another solution I prefer.
8 >
9 > I am not going to drop the ball on WordPress, but if any Gentoo dev
10 > wants to jump in and take it over, I'm not going to raise any
11 > objections.
12 >
13 > Anyone interested?
14
15 Just to follow-up on this ... Wordpress has had a chequered history
16 w.r.t. $upstream's attitude to security. Whoever takes this over will
17 need to build up a good relationship with $upstream, to make sure that
18 we can handle security issues in a timely manner.
19
20 Don't want to put anyone off ... just want to make sure folks know
21 what they are letting themselves in for.
22
23 Best regards,
24 Stu
25 --