From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] First (experimental) 17.1 profiles news item for review
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 13:34:20
1 W dniu śro, 20.12.2017 o godzinie 08∶28 -0500, użytkownik Brian Evans
2 napisał:
3 > On 12/18/2017 1:51 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
4 > > Hello, everyone.
5 > >
6 > > The first news item I'd like to submit for 17.1 profiles follows.
7 > > The item is aimed at ~amd64 users who'd like to test the new profiles.
8 > > When they become stable, a separate news item for all our users will be
9 > > published.
12 > I'm not sure if it is valid to put in the news item or modify the tool,
13 > but users of PostgreSQL will need to either 'mv /usr/lib/postgresql
14 > /usr/lib64' or, probably better, re-execute 'eselect postgresql'. The
15 > symlink will not be moved by the unsymlink-lib tool and build failures
16 > are likely to occur if libraries are searched for in this method
19 Not sure if you got my message on IRC but the proper fix for this is for
20 eselect package to own the symlink. Orphan files are always a major PITA
21 for everyone.
24 Best regards,
25 Michał Górny